Walker’s Legacy, a global platform for the professional and entrepreneurial multicultural woman, is proud to announce the participants of its Spring 2019 Women Who Enterprise Newark Cohort. The Women Who Enterprise program is a nationally regarded nine-week entrepreneurship incubator for high-growth women-led companies. The program is sponsored by Capital One and held in partnership with the City of Newark and the Newark Community Economic Development Corporation.
The 2019 Women Who Enterprise Newark Cohort participants include:
- Shana Joseph, Owner of Glamorous Chicks Cosmetics & The Glamorous Chicks Beauty Bar, a local based cosmetics brand in Newark, New Jersey
- Nakeicha Adams-Wilson, Owner of Lotus Laundry, LLC, a coin-operated self-service laundromats that provide professional wash and fold laundering services to busy professionals, families, and businesses in Newark and surrounding areas
- Cynthia Desouza, a consultant for IHS Technology and Development Inc
- Tammy Bolden, Owner of Bold Interior Designs, LLC, a full service, boutique interior design firm specializing in kitchen and bathroom design
- Marie Prophete, Owner of Wash A Load, LLC, a community based laundromat.
- Maria Pineda Dasilva, Owner of Connoisseur Institute, a vocational school offering construction industry related training
- Tara Williams-Harrington, Owner of Brick City Bricks 4 Kidz, a program that provides S.T.E.M. enrichment events, camps, classes and workshops to children ages 3-13
- Anadir Liranzo, CEO of Omega Maintenance Corp., a commercial cleaning and crime and trauma scene cleanup service company serving Northern and Central New Jersey
- Hawwah Karim, Owner of Islamic Burial Services, LLC, which specializes in Islamic Funerals
- Mandy Bowman, Founder and CEO of Official Black Wall Street, a next-generation digital platform and app that helps consumers find and support Black-owned businesses
- Tina Mehta-Khanna, Owner of Masterbrands, an innovative consumer products company
The Women Who Enterprise program includes original curriculum, a dedicated instructor, and a featured cohort model designed to support women in the growth and advancement of their firms. The incubator, which also includes presentations by regional industry leaders, professors, investors, and government officials, concludes with a graduation ceremony on April 16, 2019.
For more information on the Spring 2019 Women Who Enterprise Newark Cohort please visit, www.walkerslegacy.com.