Celebrate Women Entrepreneurs of Color In a Community Near You!
Join Walker’s Legacy and Accelerate with Google as we recognize women entrepreneurs of color for National Small Business Week by hosting a meet-up of professional business women for the inaugural ‘National Walker’s Legacy Day’, May 7, 2015.
Established in 1963, National Small Business Week recognizes the contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners throughout the country, formalized through Presidential proclamation. Today more than half of all American’s owning or working for a small business, and an overwhelming majority of new businesses formed are created by women of color.
In an effort to celebrate the entrepreneurial and economic achievements of the fastest growing entrepreneurial segments of the country – African American and Hispanic women – Walker’s Legacy, a national women in business collective, is proud to partner with Accelerate with Google to host national women in business events throughout the country on May 7, 2015.
Want to host a National Walker’s Legacy Day in your local community on May 7th?
Gather your work colleagues, girlfriends, book club, church group, or sorority sisters and celebrate the importance of women of color entrepreneurs for National Walker’s Legacy Day!
Sign up by Friday April 24th and receive:
- Complimentary #IAMWALKERSLEGACY T-Shirts
- Google Bags
- Listing on Walker’s Legacy Website and social media channels as an official Host Chair
Follow the instructions below on how to chair a powerful program of networking and collaboration:
How to be ‘National Walker’s Legacy Day’ Women in Business host:
1) Sign up to become an official Walker’s Legacy Day Host: Click here to submit your information to become an official host of a local National Walker’s Legacy day program to apply to host, you must provide information on a preferred host venue and time.
Suggested venues for events are: business conference/board rooms, reception halls (for large events), restaurants, or even your living room.
2) Invite your guests: After you have pick a time and a place, invite your favorite ladies to join you by using the registration link provided by Walker’s Legacy. Encourage friends in other cities to host watch parties as well by sharing the Walker’s Legacy graphic and information with your social media networks.
3) Prep for the event: Download the free National Walker’s Legacy Watch Guide and print out a copy. The guide will help you lead a meaningful and focused event. You’ll also want to set up a computer to show the About Us Walker’s Legacy video, ideally on a table or desk where everyone can see it. Also ensure you have needed information to communicate the mission and vision of Walker’s Legacy and the purpose of National Walker’s Legacy Day.
4) Set the stage: Pop some popcorn, a bottle of wine or light refreshments and get ready for an evening of networking and inspiration with other women in business.
5) Capture the moment: Use the National Walker’s Legacy Day Guide (shared with City Hosts) to talk through important conversations about how to grow and engage a network of women of color in business. SHARE photos of your watch party by using the hashtag #IAMWALKERSLEGACY on Facebook , Twitter on Google+. UPLOAD a short video of a few attendees sharing why they are Walker’s Legacy, this can be captured on your smartphone and emailed to the national team by clicking here.
About Walker’s Legacy: Established in 2009 and named in honor of Madam C. J. Walker, Walker’s Legacy serves as one of the largest entrepreneurial associations for women of color in the country.
About Accelerate with Google: Google is committed to making the web work for small businesses. That means making the web and all of our tools for businesses more accessible and useful. Accelerate with Google supports businesses in communities that are underrepresented on the web, growing diversity and inclusion in Google’s user, customer and partner base.