The largest global platform for women in business has released a fact sheet on Latinx women entrepreneurs in honor of Latinx Heritage Month.
Walker’s Legacy, the largest digital platform for multicultural women in business, proudly recognizes September 15, 2020, through October 15, 2020, as Latinx Heritage Month. In support of Latinx Heritage Month and Latinx businesswomen, Walker’s Legacy has released a Latinx Women Entrepreneur Fast Fact Sheet available for download here.
During Latinx Heritage Month, Walker’s Legacy seeks to bring awareness to one of the fastest-growing populations of entrepreneurs: Latinx women entrepreneurs.
Did You Know?
- Nearly half of Latinx-owned companies are owned by women(1).
- For Latinx women-owned businesses, entrepreneurship grew by 180%. (6)
- It was estimated that there were 1.9 million Latinx women-owned businesses in the United States in 2016, employing 550,400 workers and generating $97 billion in revenues(2).
- If Latinx women-owned businesses generated employment and revenues proportionate to those of other women entrepreneurs, these figures would increase by 80,000 and $155 billion(3).
- The number of Latinx women entrepreneurs grew at a faster rate than any other group – 137% between 2007 and 2016(4).
- The United States Census Bureau projected the number of Latinx women to nearly double by 2050 and for Latinx people to become the number one minority group in the United States, the growth rate in the number of Latinx women-owned businesses is expected to continue to surge(5).
- While Latinx women’s share of the population is 8.3%, their share of business is 5.3%
The Walker’s Legacy Latinx Women Entrepreneur Fast Fact Sheet shines a light on the challenges and overcomings that Latinx women in business face through statistical data. Understanding the systematic inequalities between Latinx women in business and their various counterparts is crucial for the timely national movements and conversations and their respective supportive efforts.
For the complete Latinx Women Entrepreneurs, Fast Fact Sheet click here.