On September 16, 2015 in Washington, DC, Walker’s Legacy again partnered with the National Women’s Business Council (NWBC) to host a roundtable discussion with minority women business owners. Attendees were hand selected to participate in a discussion with White House and Congressional leaders in the areas of business, finance and entrepreneurship as well as other topics that were of interest and particular concern to minority women business owners specifically. “Women of color entrepreneurs are the fastest growing entrepreneurial segment in the nation, as such it is important that policy leaders hear from and understand their unique challenges. Our goal is to provide these women with valuable information on administrative programs and policies and work together to continue to increase opportunities to contracts and capital to accelerate continued growth for this important entrepreneurial segment,” say Natalie M. Cofield, Founder of Walker’s Legacy.
The goal of these discussions was to provide a forum for policy development, input and to insure information sharing of federal programs and initiatives to diverse women-owned businesses. Administrative officials shared recent statistics released on black women entrepreneurs as well as information about current and upcoming programs, International expansion, and funding opportunities available to women business owners throughout the nation. Administrative officials in attendance included:
- Alejandra Castillo, Executive Director of the Minority Business Development Agency
- Isabella Guzman, Senior Advisor to the Administrator at the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Kimberlyn Leary, Advisor to the Council on Women and Girls at the White House
- Cheri Simmons, Director for Certification and Procurement Delivery Services of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- Justin Tanner, Senior Advisor for the Office of Government Contracting and Business Development at the U.S. Small Business Administration
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, click to see: documents shared during this event .