The Managing Director of National Entrepreneurship Programs is responsible for management and strategic partnership formation for entrepreneurship and training programs, instructor selection, outreach, and facilitation for accelerators, workshops, courses, programs and boot-camps on behalf of Walker’s Legacy.
The role includes:
- Overseeing program management and implementation of events related to business, entrepreneurship, professional development and management for women of color in business in conjunction with other members of the Walker’s Legacy team
- Working with all team to develop and implement programming such as roundtables, workshops, summits for our community of women, nationally
- Participate in and lead Walker’s Legacy training sessions to learn program, curriculum, app and cohort structures and train our instructors on curriculum and programming
- Provide written reports to operations team on status of programming, training and other matters of importance and urgency to the organization
- Work with all-team, national instructors and program partners to successfully promote programming with local and national program partners including the dissemination of information, applications about programs working with communication team members
The Managing Director of National Entrepreneurship Programs must be committed to and experienced in entrepreneurship ecosystem development and program management, detail oriented, timely and thoroughly committed to the mission of the Walker’s Legacy. Viable candidates should have proven leadership, entrepreneurial, and relationship management experience.
- Program development and management experience, including managing teams, logistics, budgets, deliverables, timelines and reporting for entrepreneurship focused programming
- Time management and ability to multitask against projects and locales and absolute must
- Ability to travel to sites of programming for evaluation, management and to ensure program implementation and successful program execution
- Personal experience or exposure to entrepreneurship, having successfully managed complex local or national programming
- Experience with eco-system building, establishing partnerships both locally and nationally
- Ability to speak to the topic of entrepreneurship, gender and diversity, and represent the organization at conferences and programs to promote the work of the organization
- Cultural competency and respect for diversity
- Flexible, adaptable and engaging personality
- Previous experience experience working with a startup or small teams
- Occasional travel may be required to program sites, conferences or other events on behalf of Walker’s Legacy
- BA or BS required, Master’s preferred
- Sincere interest in the growth of entrepreneurship for women
To read the full details of the position please click here.
Click here to apply!