Inscríbase Hoy: Want to take your business to the next level in 2020? Don’t go it alone!
Walker’s Legacy in partnership with Capital One is proud to present PROSPECTUS Latina; a program that is building a global ecosystem to support one of the largest entrepreneurial communities in the nation Latinas.
Register now! The first 25 participants will receive a full scholarship to the program sponsored by Capital One. promo code: CapitalOne
PROSPECTUS Latina is a 3-month accelerated business development-training program that utilizes structured online learning, and in-person cohort model (pre-COVID-19), and featured speakers and experts to aid entrepreneurial Latina women in advancing their business operations, business knowledge, and access to funding/contracts.
Enroll today to participate in the PROSPECTUS™ Latina Fall 2020 online cohort beginning Saturday, October 17th, 2020.
At the conclusion of the program, participants will receive:
Certificate of Completion
Walker’s Legacy Branded T-Shirt
Walker’s Legacy Lanyard
Walker’s Legacy Pen
PROSPECTUS™ Latina will run for 10 consecutive weeks on Saturday from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm EST. Below are the modules and dates that will be taking place:
Meet Your Instructor
Over the span of her 15 years’ experience as an educator, counselor, coach, mentor and leader in multicultural ecosystems, Blanca has honed in on how to create and cultivate spaces where people with diverse stories can feel supported and thrive. Blanca has broad experience supporting professional development and leading educational initiatives in multicultural communities at nationally recognized and awarded non-profits, a top-ten ranked public university and successful private companies. A long time intrapreneur, Blanca is well known for successfully launching innovative programs within organizations. As an entrepreneur, she brings her ability to connect communities and create unique educational experiences.
Growing up in the U.S. and abroad, navigating across cultures and codes became natural and a key to Blanca’s career. After graduating from Eckerd College with a degree in psychology, focused on research, she worked with multi-lingual youth and their families. Her work spanned from youth healing from domestic violence to drug addiction, as well as, dealing with the judicial, foster care, and immigration system, and she found that spaces of safety, support, and creativity are critical for people to thrive and for communities to achieve sustainable change. From there, she began working with multilingual populations in the labor sector as an interpreter and trainer, developing programs in the areas of cultural competency, intercultural communication, and inclusive practices.
Through her work with diverse communities, she has had the chance to build bridges between groups where race, culture, language, gender, economics, and history have drawn lines of difference. She has helped teams and groups collaborate more effectively by healing communication gaps, implementing and modeling diplomacy, creating adaptive educational opportunities that offered relevant tools, and presenting innovative initiatives and collaborative strategies. Her creativity and aptitude for communication have helped her to be successful in implementing specialized and sustainable education and mentor programs. She is an expert in workplace training, professional development, intercultural communication, mentoring, and innovative operations. After spending the last couple of years leading the award-winning BIG Incubator in Atlanta for digitalundivided, a social enterprise that takes an innovative, transformative approach to economic empowerment by encouraging Black and Latina women to own their economic security through entrepreneurship, Blanca transitioned from intrapreneur to entrepreneur. Blanca is a consultant and coach for new entrepreneurs, as well as an expert educational program creator in the tech entrepreneurship space. Blanca is the CEO and founder of BCG Innovation LLC and is the co-founder of Flagship Founders LLC, a company focused on supporting emerging entrepreneurs.
- Initial Start-Up Considerations: This course will cover key factors of success, important start-up considerations, addressing shortfalls, and essential components of a business plan. – October 17th
- Developing an Effective Marketing & Promotional Plan: This course will cover consumer and organizational buying behavior, strategic marketing, product and brand management, valuation and pricing, and integrated marketing communications.– October 24th
- Legal Aspects of Small Business: This session will cover legal business structures, ethics, contracts, joint venturing, and additional key legal concepts. – October 31st
- Contracting for Small Businesses: This session will cover local, state, and national business certifications for small businesses. – November 7th
- Strategic Growth for Small Businesses: This course will focus on the implications of organization growth, globalization, outsourcing, competition drivers, and increasing service requirements for start-ups and small businesses. – November 14th
- Building A Winning Team: HR Strategies for Small Businesses. This course will cover human resource planning, recruitment, selection, training, development, compensation, and designing an effective management team. – November 21st
- Accounting & Insurance for Small Businesses: This course will cover small business accounting practices, book-keeping, record-management, and insurance for small businesses. – November 28th
- Finance for Small Business: This course will explore various forms of business financing including venture capital, angel investment, public, and private small business loans. – December 5th
- IT for Small Business: This lecture will cover effective technology branding strategies, social networking, and technologies to streamline business processes. – December 12th
- Presenting for Investors: This lecture will cover effective oral presentation delivery, communication with stakeholders, and presenting for investors. – December 19th
- Graduation, Certificate Awarding, and Business Presentations – TENTATIVE December 22nd