Digital & Media Engagement Intern
Are you a creative who is driven by mission and excellence and doesn’t shy away from putting in the work? Do you believe that we all should have the opportunity to create a legacy for our families and our communities?
If you answered yes to all of these questions then now is the time to apply for Walker’s Legacy Digital and Media Engagement summer internship.
Who are we?
Walker’s Legacy is a national organization, collaborating with global brands to drive local impact for women entrepreneurs of color.
What do we do?
Founded in 2009, we are one of the longest running and largest digital platforms, existing to inspire, equip, and engage professional and entrepreneurial women of color through thought-provoking content, culturally responsive programming and via a socially connected global community. In 2016, we launched the Walker’s Legacy Foundation to further our commitment to improving the economic prosperity of marginalized multicultural women and girls. Collectively, we have a network of thousands of women and hundreds of partners ensuring that new legacies are established and economic inequality is eradicaticated.
Who we are seeking?
Candidates should have a passion for our mission, creative writing skills, detailed editing skills, be well versed in a range of social media platforms (from Tik Tok to LinkedIn to IG to Facebook), be extremely organized and self starters. Perks would be candidates who possess graphic design, videography and administrative skills.
In this role you will:
- Manage Walker’s Legacy Foundation social media including multi-medium content creation, copywriting and editing, photo selections and editing and recommendations for new, better and different ways to engage followers.
- Scrub and update WL/WLF media lists
- Draft press releases, talking points, scripts and memos
- Research and draft 1 contributing article weekly
- Support the development and execution of Walker’s Legacy’s digital community and ongoing engagement of members and followers
- Support logistics for online events, web series and trainings
- Maintain and organize files for communications department
- Currently enrolled in a Marketing or Communications major
- Are passionate about the potential of social media and digital communication tools
- Have excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Thrive in fast paced and hardworking environment
- Are proficient with business applications such as Microsoft Work, Excel and Powerpoint
- Demonstrate strong analytical, organizational and time management skils
- And think FUN should be part of every day!
This internship does not pay but provides a cost of living stipend of $1500 and the opportunity to gain meaningful connections, tangible experience and a portfolio of creative assets. This will be a remote internship during standard operating hours of 9am – 5pm EST but will require occasional evenings and weekends.
Ideal start date is June 1 – August 15, 2021
Interested candidates must submit:
- A resume
- Your IG handle
- A writing sample
- A cover letter not exceeding (2) paragraphs answering why this opportunity is of interest, what you will bring to Walker’s Legacy and what you hope to receive.