The Walker’s Legacy Foundation seeks fall, spring and summer interns to support the execution of the Walker’s Legacy Single Mother’s Program, a program to provide financial literacy and entrepreneurship supports to enterprising single millennial women of color.
The Foundation Community Engagement Internship will work closely with program staff from January to May for the spring semester ; May to August for the summer semester ; and September to December for the fall semester . The position is based in Washington, D.C. and is unpaid . The internships require a minimum of 20 hours per week commitment.
Interns will have the opportunity to learn about community engagement, program development and trends in entrepreneurship and innovation. Interns are an integral part of the team and will be able to perform substantive work. A formal training program will be established for selected interns.
As a Foundation Community Engagement Intern, you would be directly involved in the community outreach, planning and execution of the Single Mother’s program and its related events.
Community Engagement Internship Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct research on existing entrepreneurship programs for best practices studies
- Aid in the management of scheduling and programming for programming
- Assist with the coordination of communication to community partners in local markets
- Conduct outreach and follow-up with participants as needed
- Conduct outreach to program and organizational partners
- Assist with media outreach and engagement
- Participate in calls and meeting with team
- Participate in all required internship training
- Additional responsibilities as requested
Required Qualifications :
- Passion for increasing entrepreneurship for the multicultural women that Walker’s Legacy supports
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Patience under pressure
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Computer proficiency with Google Apps (Google Drive, Docs, Slides, etc)
- Strong communications/interpersonal skills
- Must be a senior or graduate level student
- Majoring in social sciences, humanities or other related fields