Walker’s Legacy Foundation, the nonprofit sister organization of Walker’s Legacy, is seeking a Women of Color Business Center Manager to provide counseling and services to all small businesses that are interested in business training and access to capital. The Center team will assist clients in understanding principles of business, operations, and growing and expanding their endeavors.
Full Job Description:
The Center Manager provides counseling and services to all small businesses that are interested in business training and access to capital. The Center team will assist clients in understanding principles of business, operations, and growing and expanding their endeavors.
They will work closely with contractors to deliver services to clients, develop strategies, create new programs and initiatives, market the center, and all other activities essential to keeping the Walker’s Legacy Foundation Center relevant and valuable to small businesses.
The Center Manager will also work with the executive team to provide funders with required reports and other deliverables, and to assist in proposal development in response to RFPs and funding operations for the center.
- Work national organization team to develop strategies that stimulate the Center’s regional growth and relevance to clients, strategic partners, and stakeholders
- Conduct quality and knowledge-driven advising to center clients
- Represent the WBC at various local, corporate, and government procurement events and conferences
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders, such as financial service institutions, government agencies, prime contractors, nonprofit organizations, and corporations in the region
- Research and analyze clients’ industries for the purposes of connecting them with pertinent contacts, news, events, and other resources
- Work with a team to develop and deliver workshops for clients with a specific focus on the needs of the local community.
- Collect economic impact from clients, and when necessary, and develop new and more effective techniques to enhance the collection process
- Manage the client database, including creating, maintaining, and updating profiles Assist clients in registering in mandatory and recommended databases for local and Federal government contracting
- Attend webinars, workshops, and other training events to continually increase business acumen, particularly in the subject of government contracting to include training administered by the federal, state, and local government agencies
- Work with team to develop new target areas and initiatives to serve client needs
- Craft and administer post-event surveys to capture client feedback
- Attend all required organizational and funder calls and meetings and provide feedback
- Recruit and onboard center Advisory Board
- Actively participate in marketing and promoting the work and value of the WL Business Center in particular, and Walker’s Legacy at large
- Provide other activities as required
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Interest in women’s entrepreneurship and economic development
- Experience in diversity and entrepreneurship program management
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Business Degree preferred
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage priorities and deadlines 6 to 10 years of business experience
- Leadership skills and the ability to work with a diverse team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, and willing to take direction
- Self-directed, self-motivated, and enthusiastic about the work
- Continued professional training and development
- Walker’s Legacy, CEO
- TBD based on experience.
- The salary is commensurate with hiring guidelines and the candidate’s experience in the area of business, entrepreneurship, contracting, and procurement.
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Business Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Rochester, NY
Learn more about Walker’s Legacy Foundation here