Walker’s Legacy is seeking a Men Who Enterprise Engagement Fellow for building and contacting men of color entrepreneurs and associated organizations working with our Men Who Enterprise network.
MEN WHO ENTERPRISE ENGAGEMENT FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITY (PART-TIME)
General Fellowship Description:
The Walker’s Legacy fellowship program is designed for high-achieving women who have a demonstrated commitment to and interest in minority business and general entrepreneurship with a focus on men of color in business.
*Fellowship opportunities are available for qualified recent graduates (one year) who have an interest in becoming future leaders and ambassadors in the growing business movement in the US and beyond.
*During the work experience, the Fellow will work closely with the Founder, executive management, and additional programming team members as well as our stakeholders, community partners, speakers, and corporate sponsors on programs and initiatives.
*General duties and responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- *Build contact databases for Walker’s Legacy with men of color, trade, fraternities, and entrepreneurship organizations
- Assisting with data gathering to assist with conducting research on men of color and entrepreneurial access/equity in identified key Walker’s Legacy markets
- Conduct meetings to establish strategic partnerships for Walker’s Legacy in target markets and with key organizations within the entrepreneurial eco-system for me.
- Assist with leadership development for strategic partnership and funder relationships
- Aid in developing funding proposals and pitch decks to support the organization’s work to support women of color with a focus on men of color entrepreneurs
- Developing a media list of media outlets for Walker’s Legacy to aid in the promotion of efforts
- Ensuring the accuracy of the existing partnership meetings
- Writing no less than three featured articles a month on a leading enterprising male of color in business for Walker’s Legacy website
- Create, communicate and distribute approved WL information/materials to media outlets, organizations, and partners
- Assist with establishing and building signature organizational programming to best engage and support men of color entrepreneurs
- General interest in and understanding of economic development and entrepreneurship amongst minority communities
- Senior or Graduate Level major in business, marketing, public relations, economic development, entrepreneurship
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Fast learner
- Research skills and attention to detail
This is a six to twelve-month full-time fellowship position. The fellow must be available to work a maximum of 20 hours per week.
This fellowship includes a monthly stipend of $1,000. Where applicable and approved, Walker’s Legacy will provide full coverage for travel and housing for conferences, conventions, and other programs for which the team will be traveling and attending.
Support for academic credit will be provided.
This position can be based in Washington, DC (organizational headquarters) or virtual.
Job Type: Fellowship
Pay: $1,000 annual stipend or $6,000 per semester
Learn more about Men Who Enterprise here