ENROLL TODAY: Want to take your business to the next level in 2021? Don’t go at it alone!
Join Walker’s Legacy for our PROSPECTUS™ Business Accelerator designed specifically for entrepreneurial women of color!
PROSPECTUS™ is an accelerated business training program that utilizes structured curriculum, an online cohort model, and expert lectures to aid aspiring and existing businesswomen of color in their pursuit of advancing their business operations and access to funding.
Enroll today to participate in the PROSPECTUS™ February 2021 online cohort which will run on Wednesdays from 7:00 PM- 8:30 PM EST beginning on February 24, 2021.
At the conclusion of the program, participants will receive:
- Certificate of Completion
Walker’s Legacy Branded T-Shirt
Walker’s Legacy Lanyard
Walker’s Legacy Pen
The first 25 students to register will receive full scholarships sponsored by American Express, use code AMEXWL1.
- Developing an Effective Marketing & Promotional Plan: This course will cover consumer and organizational buying behavior, strategic marketing, product and brand management, valuation and pricing, and integrated marketing communications.
- Legal Aspects of Small Business: This session will cover legal business structures, ethics, contracts, joint venturing, and additional key legal concepts.
- Contracting for Small Businesses: This session will cover local, state, and national business certifications for small businesses.
- Strategic Growth for Small Businesses: This course will focus on the implications of organization growth, globalization, outsourcing, competition drivers, and increasing service requirements for start-ups and small businesses.
- Building A Winning Team: HR Strategies for Small Businesses. This course will cover human resource planning, recruitment, selection, training, development, compensation, and designing an effective management team.
- Accounting & Insurance for Small Businesses: This course will cover small business accounting practices, book-keeping, record-management, and insurance for small businesses.
- Finance for Small Business: This course will explore various forms of business financing including venture capital, angel investment, public and private small business loans.
- IT for Small Business: This lecture will cover effective technology branding strategies, social networking, and technologies to streamline business processes.
- Presenting for Investors: This lecture will cover effective oral presentation delivery, communication with stakeholders, and presenting for investors.
- Graduation, Certificate Awarding, and Business Presentations
PROSPECTUS will run for 10 consecutive weeks beginning on Wednesday, February 24th and ending with graduation on May 5, 2021.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR: DENISE HERD
Utilizing decades of experience in marketing, public relations and strategic communication, Herd launched Herd Strategies, a full-service public relations firm, in 2011. Since entering the market, Herd Strategies has developed a reputation for being the go-to firm for companies or individuals looking for innovative marketing, public relations, creative design or community outreach strategies that will separate them from the competition and yield a strong return on investment.
Outside of the business, Denise is a highly sought-after public speaker and workshop facilitator. She is passionate about developing businesses and is a certified facilitator of the Kauffman Foundation FastTrac New Venture program guiding startup entrepreneurs through all phases of business ownership. She currently serves on the board of directors of Local Initiatives Support Organization (LISC) the Allen University foundation and Summit Indianapolis, a feminist theatre in Indianapolis, and chair of the Indianapolis Chamber Women’s Business Advisory Council. She is a graduate of the Stanley K. Lacey Executive Leadership Series, and an adjunct professor with the IUPUI Department of Journalism.
Denise is the recipient of numerous awards including the Indianapolis Business Journal Woman of Influence, the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Peggy LeCompte Award for Outstanding Journalism and Communications, the Pass the Torch for Women – Ignite the Torch Entrepreneurship Achievement Award, the 100 Black Men of Indianapolis Four For the Future Award, the Public Relations Society of America – East Central District Diamond Award, the Public Relations Society of America – Hoosier Chapter Pinnacle Award, the Monumental Entrepreneur of the Year award from the Indianapolis Chamber, and the International Association of Business Communicators Gold Quill Award.
She holds a Bachelor of Arts from Clark-Atlanta University and a Master of Business Administration from Indiana Wesleyan University.