Walker’s Legacy is a fast growing start-up focused on empowering women through business and entrepreneurship. Its non-profit arm, the Walker’s Legacy Foundation, is equally missioned to provide a foundation of entrepreneurial, financial and professional support to improve the economic equality and entrepreneurial prosperity of women of color.
The Walker’s Legacy Detroit internship is designed for students who have a demonstrated commitment to and interest in women studies, women in business and general entrepreneurship.
Our team is seeking a Events and Special Projects Intern in our Detroit, MI office. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about community engagement, program development and trends in entrepreneurship and innovation. Interns are an integral part of the team and will be able to perform substantive work. A formal training program will be established for selected interns.
Internship opportunities are available for qualified college/university undergraduate and graduate students who have an interest in becoming future leaders and ambassadors in the growing women in business movement in the US and beyond.
This candidate will work directly with the Walker’s Legacy Detroit chair to assist in the growth and expansion of Walker’s Legacy and the Walker’s Legacy Foundation in the Detroit Metro region. This person will support in maximizing stakeholder engagement, the development of strategic partnerships, and coordinate Walker’s Legacy events.
It is essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
Job responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Work with Walker’s Legacy Detroit team to conduct outreach and engagement with partnering organizations in the US to support the advancement of Walker’s Legacy, our programming, and growth
- Provide communication and engagement with sponsors and corporate partners where appropriate and needed
- Assist in the coordination of events and programming and its associated correspondence
- Research potential opportunities for consistent stakeholder and partnership engagement
- Correspond and communicate effectively both internally and externally to complete assignments
- Developing powerpoint presentations
Candidates Should Have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience in communications and/or event planning
- High proficiency in Google suite of apps including Google Drive
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have a passion and/or interest in supporting women in business and entrepreneurship
- **Graphic design or experience in Canva is also a plus