Qualitative Researcher – Single Mother Initiative
The newly formed Walker’s Legacy Foundation is currently seeking qualitative researcher to conduct two to three focus groups with women in Baltimore to aid in the formation of our forthcoming single mothers entrepreneurship and financial literacy program.
More specifically the researcher will:
- Conduct roundtable discussion with up to thirty women and no less than fifteen in cohorts of ten women each
- Gather information on the needs, challenges and best methods for delivery for an entrepreneurship and financial literacy program for target community
- Understand and gather data on technology trends and usage among women including whether or not they have access to a personal computer at the home
- Get preliminary data on current spending/saving habits
- Understand perception of entrepreneurship among the women
- Gather understanding on who their role models are
Overview of participant:
- Women selected should be between 18 to 29 years old, be a single mother, and be self or government classified as low income or asset limited income constrained, employed women.
- Focus is given to women of color including African American and Hispanic women, but is not limited to this demographic.
- Researcher will conduct roundtables based on their schedule and availability in June alongside the Walker’s Legacy Foundation team who will assist with providing logistics and planning support.
- Researcher will be responsible for developing methodology and questions to be discussed and reviewed before finalized.
- A final write up to be presented at the close of the project.
To Apply: Please send CV, previous research experience and two references to email@example.com. Subject line must be “Baltimore Researcher”.