Walker’s Legacy is proud to announce our first global office opportunity in East Africa and is currently seeking an East Africa Regional Office Lead & East Global Corp Fellowship Director to lead our regional efforts within the region. This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
About Walker’s Legacy:
Walker’s Legacy is a global women in business collective designed to empower professional and aspiring enterprising women of color in business by building eco-systems of support and access. The organization was founded in 2009. Walker’s Legacy International, the newly formed global arm of Walker’s Legacy, focuses on connecting women throughout the African diaspora with opportunities to increase their professional skills, experience and networks to aid in growth and advancement.
For more information please visit: www.walkerslegacy.com
More specifically this role is responsible for:
- Conducting asset mapping of like organizations to Walker’s Legacy in the East African marketplace
- Developing overall 3 to 5 year strategy for East Africa programming efforts and aiding in the establishment of founding regional effort vision and mission statements
- Management and development of strategic partnerships and relationships for Walker’s Legacy/Foundation within the region. This includes but is not limited to government, corporate, business, NGO and educational entities.
- Working with Walker’s Legacy/Foundation leadership to establish key growth and performance metrics
- Management and oversight of Walker’s Legacy Global Entrepreneurship Corp and Corp Fellows including reporting and
- Establishing collegiate chapters of Walker’s Legacy Foundation at local college and universities to support women in business
- Aiding with the recruitment of content writers for Walker’s Legacy online writing platforms
- Identifying, recruiting and selecting country coordinators for Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania
- Recruiting East Africa regional office interns
- Planning and executing Walker’s Legacy East Africa events calendar including networking receptions, roundtable discussions and educational forums to increase exposure and learning for enterprising women
- Managing the East African office location and facility
- Media engagement and public speaking/relations on behalf of Walker’s Legacy East Africa office and efforts
- Quarterly travel to country offices for site visits required
- Annual travel to US for global team meeting required
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building/relationship management experience
- Exposure to entrepreneurship through personal efforts or previous work in entrepreneurship ecosystems
- Strong strategic planning and visioning experience
- Strong event planning and execution experience
- Experience managing small teams to produce big results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced rapidly evolving entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Fluency using Google Drive apps and other cloud-based technology platforms
- Experience using social media platforms — twitter, facebook, instagram
- A Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s level education preferred by not required
- Candidates must be based in Kenya at time of application
- Fluency in Swahili and English required
All position responses must include a cover letter, CV, two references and minimum salary requests and be emailed to email@example.com.
Contingent upon successful identification of a candidate, this position will commence in December 2016/January 2017 timeframe. Please note however, this timeline is subject to change.