Walker’s Legacy is a global platform for professional and entrepreneurial, multicultural women. We exist to inspire, equip, and engage through thought-provoking content, educational programming, and a global community.
PROSPECTUS is an accelerated business development and training program that utilizes structured online learning, an in-person cohort model, and regional/national pitch competitions to aid aspiring and existing business women of color in advancing their business operations and access to funding.
Walker’s Legacy and Walker’s Legacy Foundation are currently seeking contracted accelerator instructors to facilitate and lead a virtual entrepreneurship curriculum for up a min of 25 and a maximum of 50 participants.
- Assist with an outreach of developed marketing and promotion plan for the program including engaging with local media and external outlets
- Organize, prepare, and facilitate 2-day boot camp or 9-week accelerator entrepreneurship instruction
- Ensure cohort engagement in pre-session and post session work
- Submit post program report using metrics provided by Walker’s Legacy
- Develop and manage a database of guest speakers/experts and ensure engagement via email outreach
- Conduct post program weekly email outreach to mentors to ensure engagement with participants (2 required follow-up emails)
- Provide feedback and coaching to participants on pitches
- Participate in Walker’s Legacy training session to learn program, curriculum, app, and cohort structures
- Provide written reports to the Walker’s Legacy program associate on status of programming, training, and other matters of importance to the programming team
- Conduct post program interview and debriefing with the Walker’s Legacy national team
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of participants performance, improvement, participation, and other vital components of engagement
PARTICIPANT RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION
- Aid in the promotion of programming with local and national program partners including the dissemination of information about the program
EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA or BS required; Master’s preferred
- Personal experience or exposure to entrepreneurship, having successfully started and grown a business with current knowledge of financial, marketing, and/or business strategy
- Prior experience in teaching/coaching adult learners, preferably in the field of business
- Familiarity with and use of interactive teaching techniques, case-based learning, encouraging self-directed learning and reflection, and incorporation of participants’ past experiences and expertise
- Ability to create an environment of learning and personal accountability; including facilitating the development of a trustful and honest learning relationship amongst the participants, ensuring that learning objectives are met, and communicating the importance of course assignments to the development of participants’ businesses
- A toolbox of teaching skills that include skilled facilitation and presentation, excellent organization and time-management skills, ability to assess learning needs and respond appropriately—taking an individualized teaching approach as needed, good observation skills, appropriate analytical skills, fostering of reflection, giving and receiving feedback effectively
- Ability to aid and work with women from varied socioeconomic backgrounds and educational attainment levels
- Cultural competency and respect for diversity
- Flexible, adaptable, and engaging
- Sincere interest in entrepreneurship for women
Interested? Apply here using this link.
JOB TYPE Contract
- Entrepreneurship training: 3 years (Required)
- Instructor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Entrepreneurship: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)