Founded in 2009, Walker’s Legacy is a professional collective committed to the empowerment and support of multicultural women in business. Its dynamic programming promotes the career advancement, skill sets, and network of women in business and women entrepreneurs. Women who engage Walker’s Legacy are women who aspire to start their own businesses, or are looking to enhance their knowledge of achieving success in corporate America and their network of like-minded progressive women.
Walker’s Legacy seeks fall, spring and summer interns to support the execution of the Walker’s Legacy Prospectus Program, a highly competitive accelerator program for women owners of small- and medium-sized businesses.
The Entrepreneurship Programming Internship will work closely with program staff from January to May for the spring semester ; May to August for the summer semester ; and September to December for the fall semester . The position is based in Washington, D.C. and is unpaid . The internships require a minimum of 20 hours per week commitment.
Interns will have the opportunity to learn about program development, pressing trends for multicultural women in business, and trends in entrepreneurship and innovation. Interns are an integral part of the team and will be able to perform substantive work. A formal training program will be established for selected interns.
As an Entrepreneurship Programing Intern, you would be directly involved in the planning and execution of the PROSPECTUS program and its related events to occur across the nation in various markets working alongside Walker’s Legacy staff.
Programming Internship Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct research on existing accelerator programs for best practices studies
- Aid in the management of scheduling and programming for programming
- Assist with the coordination of communication to facilitators in national markets
- Conduct outreach and follow-up with participants as needed
- Conduct outreach to program and organizational partners
- Assist with media outreach and engagement
- Participate in calls and meeting with team
- Participate in all required internship training
- Additional responsibilities as requested
Event Planning Opportunity Responsibilities:
- Conduct research on travel service providers
- Support staff in the coordination of travel services, including hotel and conference facilities, flights, ground transportation, photographers, and meals
- Maintain and update trip budgets based on anticipated expenses
- Monitor in-country news to inform security evaluations leading up to travel
- Prepare materials for in-country travel
- Draft run of show for regional gatherings
- Join meetings and calls with staff and potential vendors
- Work collaboratively across functional areas as needed
- Meticulously and accurately complete necessary paperwork regarding
- Team close outs and follow-up
- Thank you letters and emails
- Data entry
- Must be a senior or graduate level student
- Majoring in business, finance or other related fields