International Internship Position Description:
Walker’s Legacy is a fast growing start-up focused on empowering women through business and entrepreneurship. The organization is seeking an international affairs summer intern in our Austin or Washington, DC offices. This candidate will work closely with the President & CEO to conduct research, outreach and engagement with Walker’s Legacy growing international markets.
Internship responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Build contact database for Walker’s Legacy international markets with focus on Sao Paulo, Lagos, Nairobi, Johannesburg
- Conduct research on women, gender and entrepreneurial access/equity in identified key Walker’s Legacy international markets
- Conduct phone, skype and google hangout meetings to establish strategic partnerships for Walker’s Legacy in target markets
- Assist with building and developing strategic partnership and funder relationships for Walker’s Legacy
- Aid in developing funding proposals and pitch decks to support Walker’s Legacy international work
- Create, communicate and distribute approved WL information/materials to international media
- Assist with establishing signature Walker’s Legacy international programming
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience in public relations, media, corporate communications or advertising a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in international relations, international business
- Experience and knowledge of global African Diaspora
- High proficiency in Google suite of apps including Google Drive
- Experience conducting research and data collection
- Superior organizational and follow-up skills, good interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Ability to work autonomously or with a team
- Self-starter and self-sufficient: Would you google before you inquired?
To apply, click here.