Walker’s Legacy is seeking a mission-driven and dynamic Strategic Partnerships Manager to join the team.
Reporting to the Founder & CEO, the Manager will aid in overall strategic relationships and management for Walker’s Legacy its programs, expansion, team and execution of its mission. S/he will be responsible for developing deep knowledge of core programs, operations, and business plans.
Sponsorship and Partnership
- Expand national revenue-generating and sponsorship activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand in conjunction with public relations team
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new strategic partnerships and alliances for the organization both monetary and non-monetary
- In conjunction with CEO, liaise with federal, state and local political and business leaders to champion the advancement of women of color in business.
- Establish relationships with international, national and local organizations on behalf of Walker’s Legacy
- Lead in developing key strategic partnerships with organizations in key states and regions
- Present at national conferences and engage other complementary training efforts;
- Represent the organization at partnership and fundraising meetings and media outlets, as applicable.
Planning & New Business:
- In conjunction with Founder & CEO, design the national expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for organizational expansion into new markets with a focus on partnerships and alliances by market
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the corporations, funders, and political and community leaders at each expansion location
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates the organizational mission and results with an emphasis on the successes of the local programming as a model for regional and national replication, where applicable and requested
- Assisting with securing partnerships necessary to produce innovative programming, outreach strategies, and leadership development initiatives
The Manager will be thoroughly committed to the mission of Walker’s Legacy. Viable candidates should have proven leadership, entrepreneurial, and relationship management experience.
Concrete experience and other qualifications include:
- Commitment and passion for advancing the cause of women and girls of color in business and economic equity
- Experience with effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based start-up organization and team; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with strategic partnerships and external stakeholders existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and partnership experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- An action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Compensation – $65,000 maximum base salary. This role is commission eligible
Location Washington, DC.
Job Type: Fulltime
Start Date: February 16, 2021