Walker’s Legacy Foundation Introduces New Series, Level Up Rochester featuring Jessica Lewis, the CEO of LáLew Public Relations
Walker’s Legacy Foundation presents its Level Up featuring Jessica Lewis, CEO of LáLew Public Relations. CaTyra Polland, the Rochester Program Director is the moderator. The Walker’s Legacy and Walker’s Legacy Foundation CEO and Managing Director, Ayris T. Scales will offer welcoming remarks.
Sponsored by the Rochester Area Community Foundation, Level Up: Build. Rise. Grow Together is a digital speaker series to support existing and aspiring female entrepreneurs who want guidance, encouragement, and practical advice in business.
The Level Up series is part of the Women Who Enterprise accelerator, an entrepreneurial program for women of color that provides mentorship, financial resources, and networking opportunities in Rochester, NY. This series will feature female entrepreneurs who are natives and/or resident of Rochester, NY. The purpose of the series is to encourage, support, motivate and educate women entrepreneurs in Rochester. Level Up is free and open to the public. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions following the program. Level Up is for aspiring and current women entrepreneurs who are seeking resources to be successful in business.
- Ayris T. Scales is a dynamic and visionary executive and thought leader, Ayris has been a champion for women, entrepreneurs and underinvested communities for nearly two decades.
- Jessica Lewis is the President & CEO of LáLew Public Relations. With more than 10 years experience, her passion for PR began in college. While still an undergraduate student at Buffalo State College, Jessica served as the president of an on-campus club dedicated to addressing pressing issues around social justice. She often found herself engaging in meaningful conversations with her peers and would promote club activities and special events. Years later, those experiences coupled with her professional experiences, would come full circle with the launch of her own public relations company.
- LáLew Public Relations is a full-service PR firm specializing in media relations, marketing, branding, web management, social media and event planning.
- CaTyra Polland, Rochester Program Coordinator of Walker’s Legacy Foundation – She leads the efforts for the Women Who Enterprise Accelerator. CaTyra solidified the advisory board, recruited and screened participants, planned the Fireside Chat featuring Ambassador Attallah Shabazz, prepared press releases, and booked features and interviews to promote the accelerator. She is a Rochester native who is passionate about entrepreneurship and giving back to the community. She is an 8x published author, editor, founder of the Literacy Love scholarship for high school students, and the podcast hostess of Editor Knows Best.
- 10:00 AM: Registration and opening remarks
- 10:10 AM: Formal Program
- 10:50 AM – 11:00 AM: Program Conclusion