Women around the world are marking International Women’s Day today, with some sporting red to work, calling congressional members and others taking the day off to go on strike or join rallies calling for equal rights. In roles where women are already under-represented and poorly paid, we must make those industries work better for women, starting by empowering and educating women in business.
Inspired by the entrepreneurial legacy of Madam C.J. Walker, we are missioned to engage, equip, and inspire our growing community of over 20,000 enterprising women.
We support International Women’s Day by:
- Publishing original and educational for multicultural women in business such as our report commissioned by NWBC and the SBA Office of Advocacy on Black Women Entrepreneurs;
- Hosting signature programs such as our PROSPECTUS Online Business Accelerator;
- Walker’s Legacy and GLOSSRAGS have co-designed a historical tee highlighting women of color entrepreneurs. The #BEENBOSS Tee includes multicultural enterprising women from the past and present day such as Oprah Winfrey, Tyra Banks, Madame C.J. Walker etc; Shop here.
- Through our non-profit arm, the Walker’s Legacy Foundation, and its Moms Who Hustle: A Financial Planning and Entrepreneurship Program for Millennial Moms.
- Walker’s Legacy has created an overlay where women can share their stories of how they overcame adversity to be successful as a women of color. You can share your own story here to publish on your social media sites.
Walker’s Legacy is honored to be a part of Women’s History Month. Now more than ever it is important to put forth action aimed at the importance of women to the country’s socio-economic system and demonstrate how women keep households, communities and economies running.