ENROLL TODAY: Want to take your business to the next level in 2020? Don’t go it alone!
Join Walker’s Legacy for our PROSPECTUS™ Business Accelerator designed specifically for entrepreneurial women of color with Walker’s Legacy Founder & CEO, Natalie Madeira Cofield!
PROSPECTUS™ is a 9-week accelerated business training program that utilizes structured curriculum, an online cohort model, and expert lectures to aid aspiring and existing businesswomen of color in their pursuit of advancing their business operations and access to funding.
Enroll today to participate in the PROSPECTUS™ Spring 2020 online cohort beginning Saturday, July 11th, 2020.
At the conclusion of the program, participants will receive:
Certificate of Completion
Walker’s Legacy Branded T-Shirt
Walker’s Legacy Lanyard
Walker’s Legacy Pen
PROSPECTUS™ will run for 10 consecutive weeks on Saturday from 10am – 12pm. Below are the modules and dates that will be taking place:
- Developing an Effective Marketing & Promotional Plan: This course will cover consumer and organizational buying behavior, strategic marketing, product and brand management, valuation and pricing, and integrated marketing communications. – July 11th
- Legal Aspects of Small Business: This session will cover legal business structures, ethics, contracts, joint venturing, and additional key legal concepts. – July 18th
- Contracting for Small Businesses: This session will cover local, state, and national business certifications for small businesses. – July 25th
- Strategic Growth for Small Businesses: This course will focus on the implications of organization growth, globalization, outsourcing, competition drivers, and increasing service requirements for start-ups and small businesses. – August 1st
- Building A Winning Team: HR Strategies for Small Businesses. This course will cover human resource planning, recruitment, selection, training, development, compensation, and designing an effective management team. – August 8th
- Accounting & Insurance for Small Businesses: This course will cover small business accounting practices, book-keeping, record-management, and insurance for small businesses. – August 15th
- Finance for Small Business: This course will explore various forms of business financing including venture capital, angel investment, public and private small business loans. – August 22nd
- IT for Small Business: This lecture will cover effective technology branding strategies, social networking, and technologies to streamline business processes. – August 29th
- Presenting for Investors: This lecture will cover effective oral presentation delivery, communication with stakeholders, and presenting for investors. – September 5th
- Graduation, Certificate Awarding, and Business Presentations – September 12th
Meet Your Instructor: Natalie Madeira Cofield
Natalie Madeira Cofield is Founder of Walker’s Legacy, an organization she created to inspire, equip, and empower professional and enterprising women.
Cofield began her career working three jobs in high school and started her first company at 26, growing to become a three-time CEO by age 30. A millennial that found inspiration at the nexus of business, community, and politics, Cofield has carved a niche for herself as a serial entrepreneur, advocate, and speaker on all things start-up and diversity.
As an advocate, Cofield has served as the youngest person to testify before the US Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship and authored the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship: A Guide for African American Entrepreneurs.
Her work has been featured on CNN, NYTimes, Fast Company, Forbes, BusinessInsider, Black Enterprise, Essence, and Ebony among others.
In 2015, Cofield was named one of the 100 Most Influential African Americans in America by The Root 100. In 2013 Cofield was named the Technology Diversity Evangelist of the Year by Google and one of the Top 10 Black Innovators by MVMT50, an initiative of South by Southwest. In 2013 she was featured on the cover of Black Enterprise.
Cofield is a graduate of Howard University and the Baruch School of Public Affairs in New York. An honors Information Systems graduate from the Howard University School of Business, Cofield has spoken for global technology companies including IBM, Dell, Applied Materials, Google, and Facebook among others.