1. Initial Start-up Considerations: Exploring the Life of Entrepreneurs – This module will cover key factors of success, important start-up considerations, addressing shortfalls, and essential components of a business plan.
2. Retail 101 – This module will cover various types of retailers and the challenges and opportunities within the retail sector. The module is designed to aid students in understanding the retail eco-system.
3. Marketing for Your Small Business – This module will cover consumer and organizational buying behavior, strategic marketing, product and brand management, pricing, and integrated marketing communications.
4. Technology for Your Small Business – This module will cover effective technology branding strategies, social networking, and technologies to streamline business processes.
5. Strategic Growth: Growing and Expanding Your Small Business – This module will cover the implications of organization growth, globalization, outsourcing, competition drivers, and increasing service requirements for start-ups and small businesses. Students will also explore the different opportunities for funding including venture capital, crowdfunding, and angel investors.
6. Presenting for Investors – This module will cover effective oral presentation delivery, communication with stakeholders, and presenting for investors. Students will also learn the benefits of and best strategies for pitch competitions.