“There is no royal flower-strewn path to success. And if there is, I have not found it for if I have accomplished anything in life it is because I have been willing to work hard.” Madam C. J. Walker
Walker’s Legacy is a global platform for the professional and entrepreneurial multicultural woman. We exist to inspire, equip, and engage through thought-provoking content, educational programming and a global community. We strive to level the playing field by ensuring that, when it comes to business, you are not alone.
Founded in 2009, we exist to inspire, equip, and engage professional and entrepreneurial women of color through thought-provoking content, culturally responsive programming, and a socially connected global community. In 2016, we launched the Walker’s Legacy Foundation to further our commitment to improving the economic prosperity of marginalized multicultural women and girls. Collectively, we have a network of thousands of women and hundreds of partners ensuring that new legacies are established and economic inequality is eradicaticated.
The original series was named in honor of Madam C. J. Walker the first self-made female millionaire in US history and a historical female entrepreneur, a biography that Cofield read often when she needed inspiration.
Since our founding, we have evolved to establish Walker’s Legacy as a global professional collective that works to promote the career advancement, skill sets and networks of multicultural women in business and women entrepreneurs.
Walker’s Legacy exists to:
- Empower women to advance their entrepreneurial endeavors and corporate careers through impactful entrepreneurship programs and intensive training workshops conducted both in-person and online that are designed to maximize learning.
- Engage our growing network of professional women through informational and thought-provoking multimedia content and special events designed to increase social capital, networking and knowledge-sharing opportunities.
- Collaborate with brands, corporations, and organizations seeking to reach professional multicultural women across a variety of industries through original, engaging activations and events. Walker’s Legacy activations help to increase the exposure, reach, and advocacy agendas of our established partners.
- Conduct original research on multicultural business women to provide insight on the importance of this vital community to the economy, to contribute valuable data to assist decision-makers and to aid in the advancement of national and local eco-systems, efforts and initiatives.
Walker’s Legacy Foundation
In 2016, Walker’s Legacy established the Walker’s Legacy Foundation. Walker’s Legacy Foundation exists to provide the entrepreneurial, financial, and professional supports needed to improve economic prosperity and reduce economic inequality for multicultural women and girls, globally.
Walker’s Legacy Foundation exists to:
- Provide programming focused on improving financial literacy & financial empowerment skills for low income, high potential multicultural women and girls.
- Equip multicultural women-led micro-enterprises through entrepreneurship training and business development programming.
- Empower college and university women through entrepreneurship, professional development, and leadership opportunities by providing early exposure and hands on engagement to entrepreneurship, career programming, and curriculum.
- Work to improve the livelihood and economic quality and equality of low-income women and girls.