ENROLL TODAY: Want to take your business to the next level in 2021? Don’t go it alone!
Join Walker’s Legacy for our PROSPECTUS™ Business Accelerator designed specifically for entrepreneurial women of color with Karima Marima-Arthur
PROSPECTUS™ is a 3-month accelerated business training program that utilizes structured curriculum, an online cohort model, and expert lectures to aid aspiring and existing businesswomen of color in their pursuit of advancing their business operations and access to funding.
Enroll today to participate in the PROSPECTUS™ Winter 2021 online cohort beginning Thursday, January 28, 2021.
At the conclusion of the program, participants will receive:
Certificate of Completion
Walker’s Legacy Branded T-Shirt
Walker’s Legacy Lanyard
Walker’s Legacy Pen
PROSPECTUS™ will run for 10 consecutive weeks on Thursday’s from 12pm 2pm. Below are the modules and dates that will be taking place:
- Developing an Effective Marketing & Promotional Plan: This course will cover consumer and organizational buying behavior, strategic marketing, product and brand management, valuation and pricing, and integrated marketing communications.
- Legal Aspects of Small Business: This session will cover legal business structures, ethics, contracts, joint venturing, and additional key legal concepts.
- Contracting for Small Businesses: This session will cover local, state, and national business certifications for small businesses.
- Strategic Growth for Small Businesses: This course will focus on the implications of organization growth, globalization, outsourcing, competition drivers, and increasing service requirements for start-ups and small businesses.
- Building A Winning Team: HR Strategies for Small Businesses. This course will cover human resource planning, recruitment, selection, training, development, compensation, and designing an effective management team.
- Accounting & Insurance for Small Businesses: This course will cover small business accounting practices, book-keeping, record-management, and insurance for small businesses.
- Finance for Small Business: This course will explore various forms of business financing including venture capital, angel investment, public and private small business loans.
- IT for Small Business: This lecture will cover effective technology branding strategies, social networking, and technologies to streamline business processes.
- Presenting for Investors: This lecture will cover effective oral presentation delivery, communication with stakeholders, and presenting for investors.
- Graduation, Certificate Awarding, and Business Presentations
Meet Your Instructor: Karima Mariama-Arthur
Karima Mariama-Arthur brings more than 25 years of comprehensive, blue chip experience in law, business, and academia to every client engagement as a leading authority on leadership development and organizational performance management. A shrewd advisor to distinguished organizations from DC to Dubai, her expert insights help clients to successfully navigate today’s ever-changing and competitive global business environment.
Karima is the author of the internationally acclaimed and 2019 NAACP Image Award nominated leadership guidebook, ‘Poised For Excellence: Fundamental Principles of Effective Leadership in the Boardroom and Beyond’ (Palgrave Macmillan), which launched at the United States Military Academy at West Point. As an extension of her work, she speaks regularly both nationally and internationally in her areas of expertise and serves in an advisory capacity on select corporate boards.