Walker’s Legacy Foundation, the nonprofit sister-arm to Walker’s Legacy is urgently seeking an Executive Director.
Reporting to the Founder, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Walker’s Legacy Foundation, programs, expansion, team, and execution of its mission. S/he will develop a deep knowledge of the field, build core programs, enhance and lead operations, and execute business plans.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize Walker’s Legacy Foundation volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Advisory Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national rollout
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain Walker’s Legacy Foundation’s team to ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand national revenue-generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand in conjunction with the public relations team
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
- Liaise with federal, state and local political and business leaders to champion the advancement of women of color in business and to identify government partnership and funding opportunities.
- Lead and ensure completion of grant reporting, invoicing, contracts and other operational items to ensure successful continuation of business operations
- Website management and maintenance
Planning & New Business:
- In conjunction with Founder, design the national expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for program expansion into new markets
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders at each expansion sites, where necessary
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication
Advisory Board & Regional Leadership Development
- Recruit, manage and retain advisory board of no less than five senior members representing a range of industries to aid in the advancement of the organization and its mission
- Recruit, manage and retain city leadership for the organization
The ED will be thoroughly committed to the mission of Walker’s Legacy Foundation.
Viable candidates should have proven leadership, entrepreneurial, and relationship management experience.
Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Commitment and passion for advancing the cause of women and girls of color in business and economic equity
- Experience with effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based start-up organization and team; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Extensive government relations experience and relationships with federal, state and local agencies
The salary range for this position is $110,000 to $125,000 based on past experience.
The maximum salary permitted for this position is $125,000 per year paid monthly. This role is an exempt full-time position. Performance bonus of a maximum of $10,000 is available based on achieved performance metrics.
We will give preference to candidates located within the Washington, DC area given the desire to increase engagement with government agencies and elected officials. The organization is also open to highly qualified candidates in Atlanta, GA who have demonstrated relationships and experiences with federal agency government affairs.
During the first three years of employment, the candidate will earn annual leave at the rate of 10 hours per month worked (a maximum of 15 days annually). After three years candidate will earn annual leave at the rate of 13.33 hours per month worked (20 days annually). The candidate will also be eligible for full healthcare, dental and vision benefits as well as life insurance and retirement benefits. You will be eligible to receive health, dental, and vision benefits on the first of the month following the date of hire.
The benefits package includes 100% paid premiums for health, dental, vision, and term life insurance for the employee only.
Please note we are looking to fill this role immediately and we encourage early application. The role will be open until filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 – $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Master’s (Preferred)
- Management Experience: 7 years (Preferred)
- Leadership Experience: 5 years (Preferred)