Walker’s Legacy is currently hiring independent contractors to facilitate and lead entrepreneurship and financial literacy curriculum in Dallas, Philadelphia, Newark for programs commencing in September 2018.
Walker’s Legacy is a global platform for the professional and entrepreneurial multicultural woman. We exist to inspire, equip, and engage through thought-provoking content, educational programming and a global community.
Overview: WL is currently hiring a part-time contractor to facilitate and lead entrepreneurship curriculum for up to 25 participants. We are looking for instructors who will commit to facilitating a 9-week program commencing in September 2018.
- Develop marketing and promotion plan for program including engaging with local media and external outlets
- Organize, prepare and facilitate entrepreneurship instruction
- Ensure cohort engagement in pre-session and post session work
- Submit post program report using metrics provided by the Walker’s Legacy
- Develop and manage a database of guest speakers/experts and ensure engagement via e-mail outreach
- Conduct post program weekly email outreach to mentors to ensure engagement with participants (2 required follow-up emails)
- Provide feedback and coaching to participants on pitches
- Participate in Walker’s Legacy training session to learn program, curriculum, app and cohort structures
- Provide written reports to the Walker’s Legacy program associate on status of programming, training and other matters of importance and urgency to the organization and programming team
- Conduct post program interview and debriefing with Walker’s Legacy national team
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of participants performance, improvement, participation and other vital components of engagement
Participant Recruitment and Retention:
- Aid in the promotion of programming with local and national program partners including the dissemination of information about the program
Expertise and Qualifications:
- BA or BS required, Master’s preferred
- Personal experience or exposure to entrepreneurship, having successfully started and grown a business, with current knowledge of financial, marketing and/or business strategy;
- Prior experience in teaching/coaching adult learners, experience within instruction in the field of business required;
- Familiarity with and use of interactive teaching techniques, case-based learning, encouraging self-directed learning and reflection, and incorporation of participants’ past experiences and expertise;
- Ability to create an environment of learning and personal accountability; including facilitating the development of a trustful and honest learning relationship amongst the participants, ensuring that learning objectives are met, and communicating the importance of course assignments to the development of participants’ businesses;
- A toolbox of teaching skills that include skilled facilitation and presentation, excellent organization and time-management skills, ability to assess learning needs and respond appropriately—taking an individualized teaching approach as needed, good observation skills, appropriate analytical skills, fostering of reflection, giving and receiving feedback effectively;
- Ability to aid and comfort working with women from varied socio-economic backgrounds and educational attainment levels.
- Cultural competency and respect for diversity
- Flexible, adaptable and engaging
- Sincere interest in advancing entrepreneurship for women
For more information on the position, please apply here.
Deadline to apply: July 27, 2018