Walker’s Legacy is seeking a Latina Engagement Fellow for building and contacting Hispanic/Latinx businesses and organizations with our Walker’s Legacy’s network.
The fellowship program is designed for high-achieving women who have a demonstrated commitment to and interest in women studies, women in business and general entrepreneurship.
Fellowship opportunities are available for qualified recent graduates (two years) who have an interest in becoming future leaders and ambassadors in the growing women in business movement in the US and beyond.
During the work experience, the Fellow will work closely with the Founder, executive management, and additional programming team members as well as our stakeholders, community partners, speakers and corporate sponsors on programs and initiatives.
General duties and responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Build contact databases for Walker’s Legacy with Hispanic/Latino business, trade, and entrepreneurship organizations
- Assisting with data gathering to assist with conducting research on women, gender, and entrepreneurial access/equity in identified key Walker’s Legacy international markets
- Conduct meetings to establish strategic partnerships for Walker’s Legacy in target markets and with key organizations within the Hispanic/Latino community
- Assist with leadership development for strategic partnership and funder relationships
- Aid in developing funding proposals and pitch decks to support the organization’s work to support women of color with a focus on Latina entrepreneurs
- Translating Walker’s Legacy materials into Spanish where necessary
- Developing a media list of Hispanic media outlets for Walker’s Legacy
- Ensuring the accuracy of the existing Hispanic partnership meetings
- Writing no less than three featured articles a month on a leading topic of important Hispanic women in business for Walker’s Legacy website
- Working with Walker’s Legacy to establish points of contact with Spanish speaking nations
- Connecting Walker’s Legacy to the work of the Global Entrepreneurship Week
- Create, communicate and distribute approved WL information/materials to Hispanic media outlets, organizations, and partners
- Assist with establishing and building signature organizational programming to best engage and support Latina entrepreneurs
Qualifications would include:
- Spanish Fluency
- General interest in and understanding of economic development and entrepreneurship amongst Hispanic/Latino communities
- Senior or Graduate Level major in international business, marketing, public relations, women/gender studies, economic development, entrepreneurship or Latin American studies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Fast learner
- Research skills and attention to detail
This is a nine to twelve-month full-time fellowship position.
This fellowship includes a monthly stipend of $2,500. Where applicable and approved, Walker’s Legacy will provide full coverage for travel and housing for conferences, conventions, and other programs for which the team will be traveling and attending.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $2,500.00 per month
Benefits: Flexible schedule
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Language: Spanish (Required)
Work Location: Multiple locations, fully remote