Walker’s Legacy Foundation exists to provide the entrepreneurial, financial, and professional support needed to improve the economic prosperity and reduce economic inequality for multicultural women and girls.
Girls Who Enterprise targets middle through high-school-aged girls (ages 12-17). The program curriculum uses a blended approach to increase leadership, self-actualization, team building and public speaking skills while learning about the fundamentals of entrepreneurship – Girls learn how they can be young businesswomen and teenprenuers (teen entrepreneurs).
Walker’s Legacy Foundation is currently hiring an instructor (contractor) to facilitate and lead entrepreneurship curriculum for up to 20 participants. We are looking for instructors who will commit to 16 hours of total class time. The instructors facilitate the Girls Who Enterprise program during the following dates: July 28 & 30 and August 4,6,11,13,18 & 20.
- Support marketing and promotion plan for the program including engaging with local media and external outlets in partnership with the national team
- Organize, prepare, and facilitate a 4-week entrepreneurship program and lead instruction for girls ages 12 – 17
- Ensure cohort engagement in pre-session and post-session work
- Submit post-program report using metrics provided by Walker’s Legacy Foundation
- Develop and manage a database of guest speakers/experts and ensure engagement via email outreach
- Conduct post-program email outreach to mentors to ensure engagement with participants (2 required follow-up emails)
- Provide feedback and coaching to participants on pitches
- Participate in Walker’s Legacy training session to learn the program goals, curriculum, and cohort structure
- Provide written reports to the Walker’s Legacy program associate on status of programming, training, and other matters of importance to the programming team
- Conduct post-program interview and debriefing with the Walker’s Legacy Foundation national team
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of participants performance, improvement, participation, and other vital components of engagement
PARTICIPANT RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION
- Aid in the promotion of programming with local and national program partners including the dissemination of information about the program
EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA or BS required; Master’s preferred
- Past experience teaching K – 12 students required
- Personal experience or exposure to entrepreneurship, having successfully started and grown a business with current knowledge of financial, marketing, and/or business strategy
- Prior experience in teaching/coaching adult learners, preferably in the field of business
- Familiarity with and use of interactive teaching techniques, case-based learning, encouraging self-directed learning and reflection, and incorporation of participants’ past experiences and expertise
- Ability to create an environment of learning and personal accountability; including facilitating the development of a trustful and honest learning relationship amongst the participants, ensuring that learning objectives are met, and communicating the importance of course assignments to the development of participants’ businesses
- A toolbox of teaching skills that include skilled facilitation and presentation, excellent organization and time-management skills, ability to assess learning needs and respond appropriately—taking an individualized teaching approach as needed, good observation skills, appropriate analytical skills, fostering of reflection, giving and receiving feedback effectively
- Ability to aid and work with women and girls from varied socioeconomic backgrounds and educational attainment levels
- Cultural competency and respect for diversity
- Flexible, adaptable, and engaging
- Sincere interest in entrepreneurship for women and girls
JOB TYPE Contract
SALARY $1,500.00 (Instructor)
- K- 12 Teaching Experience – Required
- Entrepreneurship training: 3 years (Required)
- Instructor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Entrepreneurship: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
ABOUT WALKER’S LEGACY FOUNDATION: Walker’s Legacy Foundation is the nonprofit arm of Walker’s Legacy, a digital media platform for multicultural women in business. Walker’s Legacy Foundation is inspired by the philanthropic legacy of Madam C. J. Walker and her cause of economic empowerment for women funded through the success of her entrepreneurial endeavors.
Walker’s Legacy Foundation exists to improve the livelihood and economic quality and equality of low-income women and girls. We do this by providing programming focused on improving financial literacy & financial empowerment skills for low income, high potential multicultural women, and girls. We equip women-led micro-enterprises through entrepreneurship training and business development programming.
Walker’s Legacy Foundation is missioned to provide a foundation of entrepreneurial, financial, and professional support to improve the economic equality and entrepreneurial prosperity of women of color. For more information, visit www.walkerslegacy.org.